J. Gregory Buckley was hired as Muskogee’s City Manager in February 2008. He is the chief administrative officer of the city and is responsible to the Council for the administration of all City affairs placed in his charge by the city charter. His duties include:
- Responsible for all city employees and appointive administrative officers
- Directs and supervise the administration of all city departments
- Attends all council meetings and shall have the right to take part in discussion but shall not vote
- He shall see than all laws, provisions of this Charter and acts of the Council, subject to enforcement by him or by officers subject to his direction and supervision, are faithfully executed
- He shall prepare and submit for approval of the Council the annual budget and capital program
- He shall submit to the Council and make available to the Council a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City as the end of each fiscal year
- He shall make such other reports as the Council may require concerning the operations of city departments, offices and agencies subject to his direction and supervision
- He shall keep the Council fully advised as to the financial condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations to the Council concerning the affairs of the City as he deems desirable
- He shall perform such other duties as are specified in this Charter or may be require by the Council
- Any duties of the City Manager may be delegated by him to his subordinates.
Prior to serving at Muskogee, Mr. Buckley served as Assistant City Manager in Lawton, OK; Assistant Municipal Manager at Municipality of Penn Hills, PA; Assistant to the City Manager/Public Works Director in Claremore, OK; and City Manager in Wewoka, OK. He has a Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration from University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. He received a master of arts in public administration from Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL. He is a member of International City Managers Association, City Manager Association of Oklahoma, National Public Employer Labor Relations Association and Oklahoma Public Employers Labor Relations Association. Mr. Buckley is married to Betty and they have one daughter Tabitha. In his spare time he enjoys playing golf.